What our kids do for us.....



Since there was rain today, we had to pass on the traditional Memorial BBQ so we went out to eat at a steak house {and WOW was it delicious!} We arrived back home just before the sun was going down and my husband couldn't wait to put together his new BBQ that we had purchased earlier in the day. The kids decided that they'd go outside and play since Dan was out there with his BBQ, which was perfect timing as the rain had finally let up. I was at our table painting and catching up on some programs that I had recorded on our DVR when my sweet little Amanda Grace came up to me with these beautiful freshly picked pink and white flowers from our garden. "Mommy, I picked these especially for you. They are as pretty as you are!", gave me a kiss and a hug and ran back outside to finish playing before the sun went completely down. Oh my.... This made my heart melt! It's moments like this that make me appreciate my kids more than ever. When they leave us with small gestures that mean the world to us, they leave precious heart-prints that last a lifetime. Thank you my sweet, sweet Amanda Grace, I love you too.....forever.

4 comments:

Almost Precious said...

Such a priceless moment. My children are now all grown and I so miss those wonderful spontaneous moments...an unexpected hug, a sweet moist kiss on my cheek...they grow up much too quickly.
Anna

Jacqui at Fibre Dreams said...

I agree with Almost Precious...I only managed one beautiful daughter who's 27 but still the light of my life...I have some perfect memories in wait of grandchildren...no pressure!!

Sarah said...

Hi, I wanted to thank you for visiting me and also to say that "heart-prints" is such a perfect way to describe the sweetest effect of those moments. Mine are 9 and 11 now, so I have quite a bit collected already and look forward to many, many more to come :) (Your artwork is beautiful!)

Manola C. said...

Ciao Audra, your blog is too beautiful! I really like your fantastic creations! See you soon, Manola ^____^