What a storm we had!


We had the worst storm of the season tonight. Well, actually, the last two days have been the worst. The sky was near black tonight and the winds were fierce reaching up to 70 mph. I had wondered a couple of times after looking out of the window if a tornado was approaching. All of our trees were sideways (thank God none of them broke like many other homes), I could hear the house creaking, and you can see people's tables, chairs, BBQ's and other personal belongings either falling over or blowing down the street. I have never seen a storm this bad before here, nor have I seen so many bad storms in a 48 hour period before. I'm so glad that it's over. I hear that another storm is coming Sunday so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's nothing like the last coupe of days. Anyway, just as the storm was passing, we looked outside once again and couldn't believe the most beautiful sunset peaking out below the covered skies. What a nice ending to such a stressful storm. This is a small reminder to finally clean out my basement as tornado season is fast approaching! Yikes!

11 comments:

Mommy24cs said...

I think that same storm is headed our way :o( I hate rainy weekends, because the kids get cabin fever!

Audra, Green Meadow Lane said...

Oh I hope not! It's a nasty one!

Jacqui at Fibre Dreams said...

WOW what beautiful pictures!
I know it must have been frightening but living here in the north west of uk you don't get weather like that!!!
Keep safe,
Jacqui

OliveStreetStudio said...

that first pic looks like the makings of a tornado - glad it never materialized. We've been having reallyrainy weather in NY...where is spring?

Anonymous said...

those are scary skies!

Glad to hear everything is ok, hope Sunday isn't as bad!

Winklepots said...

Scary! But I'm glad you and your family are okay. Hopefully the worst of it is over.

Completely on a side note, your blog is adorable. :O)

kalibug said...

Wow, what a storm. Those pictures are awesome!

Caroline said...

WOW!! crazy. WE had quite the storm here to!
THanks for following my blog!!

Krissy Lynnae said...

I hate stormy weather. It always makes me nervous. Sounds like a terrible storm you had there. Glad your house is ok. Thanks for following my blog!

Laura K. Aiken said...

YOur photos are incredible Audra. That is a scary storm.
Thanks too for following my blog. Best to you--laura.

Sierra said...

Oh wow glad everything was okay. What a beautiful storm after everything!